ART HOLIDAY ON GOZO – ISLAND OF COLOUR & LIGHT
ARE YOU READY TO RELAX, REJUVINATE AND IMPROVE?Sat Nov 18th 2017 at 17:00
Malta, Triq il-Fanal, Ghasri, Gozo https://www.myguidemalta.com/events/art-holiday-on-gozo-island-of-colour-light VISIT WEBSITE
ABOUT THE COURSE:
Bob Cardona, your facilitator will be in attendance during all workshops to offer advice and tutor on techniques, materials, colour theory and composition.
Free tea & coffee and will be available during all workshop sessions.
Artists will be able to work in a group and solo as and when appropriate.
Figure/life drawing may include either a male or female nude model subject to availability.
Weather conditions may demand alternative arrangements to Pleinair excursions, although Gozo enjoys extremely favourable climate and November is usually very pleasant and often warm enough to enjoy a swim and catch some of the Mediterranean sun.
- 6 nights / 7 days accommodation in a double en-suite bedroom for couples
- Double room for sole occupancy or couples/ friends sharing (beds can be double or twin) where available, where not available, singles will have their own private room with a shared bathroom
- Check in on day 1 anytime after 2pm and check out on day 7 by 11am. Guests may still make use of communal area facilities and avail themselves of a shower after check out.
- Includes Buffet Breakfast and a light lunch daily.
- Group Dinner – In House for 2 Nights + 1 night taken in a local restaurant.
- Painting tuition runs on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9.30am to 12.30 pm and again after lunch from 2.30pm to 5.30pm – 24 hours total.
- Some painting equipment provided to use during your course light weight portable easels, drawing boards, lightweight folding chairs.
- Please bring with you, your favourite painting medium, brushes, pencils, sketchpad and if you are working in watercolour pad of gummed-edge good quality paper and any other equipment you may need.
- Two excursions to local landmark sites – Citadel Victoria – Ta Pinu shrine and surrounding landscape.
- Transport to and from painting locations (although many are within walking distance).
Working with Peter & Warren at the fabulous rustic boutique guest house Dar Tal-Kaptan (The Captain's House www.gozohomestays.com) in Ghasri Gozo, I can promise a week of relaxation, fun and learning. Dar Tal-Kaptan offers a luxury level of comfort and finish, within its eclectic, creative, rustic charm you can’t fail to be inspired. With its heady decor, typical limestone interior and it’s lush rich garden overlooking the terraced fields of the valley, it truly is a compelling refuge and challenge for both artists or photographers.
Peter & Warren have created a tasteful idyl, albeit their personal taste can sometimes seem a little risqué (Peter’s sculptures are filled with whimsical eroticism) both have an eye for artful nudity.EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book
My Guide website?