• The Race is being organized by the Agones Sfc with the aid of ECCO.
• The aim of the race is for everyone to enjoy themselves doing some outdoor activities. Winner of the various categories (Male/Male, Female/Female, Male/Female) will be awarded a prize. All participants will be given goodies, a shirt for the occasion, and a token.
• The race is divided into 4 sections. Trail run/Trekking, Cycling (MTB), Canoeing and Obstacle Course.
• An information meeting will be held prior to race on Saturday 27th August, 8.00pm at the race venue. Athletes will pick up their t-shirt, race number and briefed during this meeting.
• The winner of the event will be the team that concludes the 4 stages in the least time possible. (Transition time will not be taken into consideration although a maximum of 10 minutes transition time is allowed)
• Each team will carry with him a ‘passport’ which will be handed to the participants prior the start of the race. The passport will be signed by race officials at every transition.
• The race will start at 7am. The start will be at Scout Campsite in Golden Bay. Race officials will be there from 5.30 am onwards.
• Every team will be notified of the starting time days prior to the race since it will not be a mass start. There will be 5 minutes between each team.
• The starting line up will be given according to the day the application is received. So if you want to start early and avoid a bit of heat APPLY EARLY!
• Official presentation for the winners will be held on the 5th November at the Agones Presentation Night.
• There is a limit to how many participants we can accept for this event so please send you application as soon as possible.
• For more information please contact us by e mail at email@example.com , mobile on 99821120, via Agones Sfc facebook page or www.agones-sfc.eu
• map case of any kind
• container(s) in which to carry at least 2 liters of water
• Bike helmet ( can be hired )
• Mountain bike ( can be hired )
• Cell phone and method of waterproofing
• Personal First Aid Kit
Agones Sfc ‘Adventure Race’ Rules
These rules are written to ensure the safety and integrity of the Adventure Race. The rules are enforced the Adventure Race staff and volunteers.
Prior the start of race
Each team must have handed in the necessary forms prior to the start of the race (Disclaimer, Application form)
Teams must be at the starting line at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled times.
If a team is late at the starting time the teams start will be rescheduled and their start will be put at the bottom of the list with a 15 minute penalty.
A member of the race team can make any protests after completion of the race to the race director. After submission of the protest form, the RD will consult with the race advisory committee. All decisions by the race advisory committee are final. All protests must be turned at the finish line finish. All decisions will be made final within 1 hour of the course closing.
Teams are permitted to help each other during the race. Teams may be awarded a time bonus for helping other teams in need.
Rules, by penalty
• Failure of a team to pass through each checkpoint according to the passport directions, having their passport signed or punched at each checkpoint
• Using a mode of travel other than the one specified for each leg
• Any travel other that human powered travel
• Use of ANY electronic device other than watches, altimeters, and bike computers.
• Littering on the course
• Traveling within prohibited and/or private land areas
• Arriving more than one hour late at the starting line
• Disobeying instructions from a race official
• Disobeying instructions not to advance
• Unauthorized road/trail travel
• Non-assistance to a person in danger
• Not wearing or improperly wearing a life jacket in the boat
• Not wearing a helmet while on the bike
• Violation over the identity of a competitor or change of a team member during race
• Removing/altering a punch device, trail sign or marking
• Assistance by anyone not in the race outside of the TA (directional assistance ok)
• Not using safety gear when directed to by race management
• Teammates not staying within 100 meters of each other
• Picking up and dropping off gear in a place other than at designated Transition Areas or gear drop/pickup
• Missing mandatory gear. This includes the passport in a usable condition, and a visible race bib/number
• Race Bib/number must be worn on outside of clothing at all times
My Guide website?