My Guide Website?
Gozo 1-Day Hop-On Hop-Off City Sightseeing Bus Tour183 Reviews
Explore the island of Gozo with a 1-day hop-on hop-off ticket on a city sightseeing bus tour. Starting from Mgarr Harbor, the route takes approximately 2.5 hours with 15 stops visiting all the major attractions this beautiful island has to offer.
- Discover the picturesque and tranquil towns and villages in Gozo, one of the most untouched islands in the Mediterranean
- Admire the panoramic views from the top deck of the open-top bus
- Visit the Bishop’s Chancery, Il-Mall, and Rundle Gardens
- Explore Republic Street in Victoria, which is flanked by shops, banks, and restaurants
- See Fort Chambray and the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes by Mgarr Harbor
- Explore the famous Citadel in the capital of Victoria
- Visit the ancient Ggantuja Temples and Fungus Rock
- Explore the many churches on the island including the famed Xewkija Rotunda Church
DescriptionThis city sightseeing bus tour will help you to discover Gozo – one of the most untouched islands in the Mediterranean. Explore its picturesque and tranquil towns and villages, where life has barely changed for hundreds of years and many traditions are still upheld. This new open-top bus tour of Gozo starts from the picture postcard Mgarr Harbor. The route takes about 2.5 hours with 14 stops, visiting all the major attractions that this beautiful island has to offer. Hop on and off at your leisure at conveniently located stops along the route. On one side of Mgarr Harbor is Fort Chambray, built by the Knights of St. John in 1749, which majestically and defiantly guards the harbor from its vantage point, while the church dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes is a prominent landmark overlooking the harbor. Enjoy 360 degree panoramic views from the top deck of an open top bus. Hop off at the capital of Victoria, with its famous Citadel which has been at the heart of the island’s activities since Neolithic times and has been aptly called the crown of Gozo. Lying precisely in the center of the island, Victoria is the island’s most populated area. Tide the bus to Republic Street, the main street flanked by shops, banks, and restaurants. Here you can dine, watch a performance in one of the theaters, or take the opportunity to buy souvenirs. Take timeout at the Bishop’s Chancery, Il-Mall, or Rundle Gardens, an oasis of peace in the center of the busy town that houses a variety of local and imported trees. The sightseeing bus tour of Gozo visits the fascinating and ancient Ggantuja Temples and Fungus Rock. For such a small island Gozo also has a high concentration of churches, including the famed Xewkija Rotunda Church, which has a capacity of 3000 – enough to hold the entire population of Xewkija village. Tour Stops: Stop 1 - Mgarr Stop 2 - Xewkija Stop 3 - Savina Creativity Stop 4 - Victoria to Dwejra Stop 5 - Ta’ Dbiegi Stop 6 - Dwejra Stop 7 - Ta’ Pinu Stop 8 - Fontana Stop 9 - Xlendi Stop 10 - Victoria to Marsalfom Stop 11 -Marsalfom Stop 12 - Ggantija Stop 13 - Ramla Stop 14 - Nadur Stop 15 - Mgarr
IncludesHeadphones Information booklet including discounts at local eateries and shops
- Purple Route: first tour - 9:45 AM, last tour - 3:45 PM, duration - 90 minutes, and frequency - every 45 minutes
- Blue Route: first tour - 11:35 AM, last tour - 5:30 PM, duration - 55 minutes, and frequency - every 45 minutes
- This tour operates all year round