My Guide Website?
Malta: Mistra Valley & Selmun Palace Private Walking Tour
Appreciate Malta’s biodiversity on this private hiking tour with a fully qualified botanist guide. Get picked up from your hotel in Malta or Gozo and walk through Mistra Valley and past Selmun Palace.
- Feast your eyes on breathtaking views of the Malta coast and Comino island
- Enjoy the perfect blend of fun, education, relaxed exercise, and sightseeing
- Get away from the typical touristic routes and large crowds on a peaceful walk
- Stroll past breathtaking natural landmarks dotted along the Mistra Valley
- Cool down from the heat with a refreshing dip in the waters of Mistra Bay
DescriptionDiscover the beauty of the northeast coast of Malta on this private hiking tour of the Mistra Valley. Join an experienced botanist guide for a relaxed coastal walk with stops for swimming, an introduction to Malta's nature, and breathtaking views of the cliffs and Selmun Palace. After getting picked up from your hotel in Malta or Gozo, travel to the northeast coast to begin your relaxed walk. Enjoy a 7-kilometer stroll past the island's most breathtaking landscapes, including a secluded shingle bay overlooking the sea. Spot native Mediterranean shrubs and plants with the help of your botanist guide. Wild orchids, French daffodils, and rock roses are just some of the plants that call this area home. As you stroll through the Mistra Valley, take in the many fields displaying seasonal agricultural produce. Stop for an optional refreshing 30-minute swim in the crystal clear waters of Mistra Bay (subject to weather conditions). Continue to the 18th-century Selmun Palace, located in the center of the village of Selmun where you can see traditional farmhouses, the village chapel, and even some Roman tombs. Take in views of the islands of Comino and Saint Paul along the way and finish the hike with views from the 100-meter-high cliffs before getting dropped back at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Botanist guide Packed lunch (if add-on selected)
- This is not a history tour, the focus is not history but nature. The tour is overseen by a certified botanist with some knowledge of Maltese history, but he is not a history guide You may bring your own food and drinks on this tour. For an optional packed lunch with traditional Maltese bread with fillings, some savory snacks, and a bottle of mineral water, please select the add-on at check-out The difficulty level is considered easy/moderate, there is an approximately 10-minute rock climb and an approximately 15-minute walk on a high-inclined footpath