My Guide Website?
Malta: Private South Coast Nature Hiking Tour With Transport
Appreciate the beauty of Malta's south coast on this private hiking tour with a fully qualified botanist guide. Stroll through coastal cliffs, green fields, and limestone bays.
- Take in panoramic views of Malta's southern coast on a peaceful hiking tour
- Enjoy the perfect blend of fun, education, relaxed exercise, and sightseeing
- Wander among the greens, ochres, and blues of the Maltese fields and landscapes
- Escape the crowds and immerse yourself in hidden trails and coastal paths
- Learn about the wildlife and plants of the region from your botanist guide
DescriptionDiscover the limestone bays, rocky beaches, and shallow cliffs of Malta's southern coast on this relaxed hiking tour. Join an expert botanist guide for a walk past St. Peters's Pool and the village of Marsaxlokk. Pickup is available from your hotel in Malta or Gozo as well as optional packed lunch. After getting picked up from your hotel in Malta or Gozo, travel to the south coast to begin your relaxed walk. Enjoy an 8-kilometer stroll along beaten footpaths and low coastal cliffs, away from the chaos of the city. Wander past large farmhouses and old fishing villages as you stroll. Stop at the picturesque village of Marsaxlokk, complete with traditional fishing boats and a fish market. Keep an eye out for the bizarre-looking naturally formed limestone rock figures. Spot native Mediterranean shrubs and plants with the help of your botanist guide. The endemic Maltese salt tree and other coastal plants call this area home. Stop at the popular Saint Peter's Pool and take in the beach's turquoise waters, then continue to Fort Delimara, former British defence battery. Pass through several terraced fields surrounded by the iconic rubble walls before getting dropped off back at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Botanist guide Packed lunch (if add-on selected)
- This is not a history tour, the focus is not history but nature. The tour is overseen by a certified botanist with some knowledge of Maltese history, but he is not a history guide You may bring your own food and drinks on this tour. For an optional packed lunch with traditional Maltese bread with fillings, some savory snacks, and a bottle of mineral water, please select the add-on at check-out The difficulty level is considered easy, but it is a relatively long walk