Malta: Valletta and Mdina Full Day Tour2 Reviews
Discover the two Maltese capitals through the centuries, Valletta and Mdina, during an 8-hour full day tour enriched by the visit to the St. Paul's Catacombs in Rabat and the Mosta Dome.
- Explore Valletta, the smallest capital in Europe and a Unesco Heritage site
- Visit St. John's Cathedral, the ancient 'home' of the Knights of St.John
- Discover the charming town of Mdina, called 'The silent city'
- Admire breathtaking scenic views of the island from the Mdina Belvedere
- Learn about local history with a guided tour of the St. Paul's Catacombs
DescriptionThe tour starts with the visit of Mdina, after a 20-minute trip by car from your place. Mdina, located on top of a hill in the center of Malta, was the ancient capital before the arrival of the Knights of St. John's from Rodos. The old capital of Malta, that has now been turned into the silent city with 400 residents living inside its wall, the guide will describe the tiny little streets leading to the Belvedere one of the best viewpoints of the island, from where you can enjoy a stunning panorama of all of Malta. The tour includes a visit to the St. Paul's Basilica in Mdina. After that, you will enjoy a short walking tour of the nearby town of Rabat, before reaching the famous St. Paul's Catacombs. You will have a visit to the latter and then free time for lunch. On the way back to Valletta, you stop in Mosta to visit the famous church with one of the biggest domes in Europe built according to the example of the Pantheon in Rome. Return back to Valletta and go on a walking tour of the tiny Maltese capital, the historical center is a Unesco Heritage Site. The tour starts with the visit of the Barrakka Gardens, an ideal point from which to enjoy breathtaking views of the Grand Harbor. You stop to admire the 'Auberge de Castille”, the old building that housed the knights coming from Spain which is now the residence of the prime minister. The guide will lead you to the front of St. John's Cathedral, the “home” of the Knights of St. John's where there are situated masterpieces of Caravaggio. Enjoy some free time to shop afterwards before returning to your hotel or cruise ship.
Includes8-hour multilingual licensed local guide 8-hours of full transportation in comfortable van/minivan Entrance ticket to St. John's Cathedral Entrance ticket to the St.Paul's Catacombs Pick-up and drop off at your convenience Tips Food and beverages
- Please dress comfortably. We recommend flat shoes to walk on the uneven surfaces of the old cobblestones. Sunglasses and sunscreen are also suggested. No sleeveless tops, heels, mini-skirts or very short shorts allowed to enter the cathedral.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY