My Guide Website?
- Discover the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ggantija Temples
- Experience the Citadel of Rabat, the ancient capital of the Island
- Walk the grounds of the picturesque Bay of Xlendi
- Appreciate the fascinating natural beauty of the Inland Sea at Dwejra
DescriptionDuring this full-day tour, experience Gozo's magnificent heritage, visit key landmarks, and discover hidden gems, all while relishing the impressive beauty and distinctive charm this tiny island has to offer. This tour starts with a short 20-minute ferry crossing to Gozo, which immediately sets the pace to Gozo’s unique atmosphere. The first stop is the megalithic temples of Ggantija, included on the UNESCO World Heritage List. This impressive archaeological site dates to c. 3600-3200 BC and is believed to be the oldest freestanding monument in the world, predating Stonehenge in England, and the Pyramids of Egypt. The etymology of “Ggantija” is derived from the Maltese word for giant (“ggant”) because it was believed the site was built by a race of giants. This mythological idea makes sense considering that the temples are constructed from megaliths (massive limestone blocks) measuring more than 5 meters in length and weighing over 50 tons. Afterward, head towards the medieval fortified city known locally as “Cittadella” (The Citadel). Located within the capital city of Gozo (Victoria), with its distinctive skyline and imposing military architecture, this ancient, fortified city stands out as Gozo’s major landmark, a beacon visible from all over the Island. Next visit is the delightful sea inlet known as Xlendi Bay, located at the end of a deep, lush ravine, which was once a riverbed and surrounded by picturesque steep cliffs. The bay is now on the must-visit list of most day-trippers to the Island. Xlendi’s small but lively promenade is busy at all times of the day, with a variety of cafes, restaurants, and a handful of souvenir shops. Though seemingly bursting with activity during summer, Xlendi bay remains a refreshingly quiet place even at the height of the season. Your final stop is Dwejra. Situated on the western shore of the island of Gozo this area is a geological and ecological haven. Its surroundings offer a blend of geology, landscape, fauna, habitats, shoreline, seascapes, archaeology, flora, and history, making this an experience to remember. Dwejra is also known for its Inland Sea, a small bay surrounded by high cliffs and connected by an impressive 65-meter-long natural tunnel that opens out into the open sea, a truly fascinating natural formation that evokes awe and leaves a striking impression. After a day full of experiences and unique memories, take a short ferry crossing back to Malta and return to your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Roundtrip Gozo ferry tickets Licensed guide Entry to the Ggantija megalithic temples Entry to The Citadel medieval fortress Tourist lunch with a glass of wine
- The time shown on the website or on your ticket is the approximate start time of the activity and not the time when you will be picked up from your hotel or closest meeting point The tour will be guided in the language you have booked; however, at times the commentary might be provided by a multilingual guide (limited to a maximum of 2 languages) The activity provider reserves the right to change the order of the visits without any prior notice The boat trip at Dwejra Bay is optional (€6 per person to be paid on location), and is always subject to favorable weather conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€68.00Buy Tickets!