My Guide Website?
Highlights of Malta & Mdina Full Day Tour with Lunch
, Malta https://www.myguidemalta.com/events/highlights-of-malta-mdina-full-day-tour-with-lunch
Malta: Highlights of Malta & Mdina Full Day Tour with Lunch
- Appreciate the impressive beauty of the medieval fortified city of Mdina
- Discover the ancient catacombs of St. Cataldus in Rabat
- Enjoy majestic views from Dingli Cliffs and the beauty of San Anton Gardens
- Visit the impressive Mosta Church, home to the third largest dome in the world
- Pick up locally made souvenirs to take home at the artisan village of Ta' Qali
DescriptionExperience some of Malta's most interesting highlights in just one day on a guided group tour. Discover the medieval city of Mdina, St. Cataldus Catacombs, and Mosta Rotunda. Stroll through the San Anton Botanical Gardens, take in sea views from Dingli Cliffs, and buy glass from local craftspeople. After hotel pickup, start your tour with the ancient city of Mdina, renowned for its opulent palaces, fortifications, architecture, and ancient heritage. Stroll through the narrow streets of the island's old capital, taking in one of Europe's finest examples of an ancient walled/fortified city. Take a journey back in time, as the streets have not changed much in the last 1,000 years. Admire the magnificent palazzos and churches in the city's unique mix of medieval and Baroque styles, as well as the spectacular panoramas from the high bastion walls. Leave Mdina through the Greeks Gate. Head to St. Cataldus Catacombs, in Rabat, on the outskirts of Mdina. Discover the catacombs, which were originally a Punic burial shaft, and some of the earliest archaeological evidence of Christianity in Malta. See graves that are beautiful examples of canopied tombs and others hewn in the rocks. Continue to Dingli Cliffs, off the village of Dingli on Malta's western coast, the highest point of the Maltese island at around 253m above sea level. Enjoy breathtaking views over the terraced fields underneath and the panorama of the vast open seas with the small uninhabited island of Filfla. After lunch, visit the San Anton Botanical Gardens, built in the early 17th century by Grand Master Antoine de Paule to complement his summer residence: San Anton Palace, located at the perimeter of the gardens, now serving as the residence of the Maltese President. Next, stop at the Ta' Qali Craft Village, a former British Royal Air Forces wartime airfield restored into a local artisan hub. Watch local craftsmen form elaborate glass art using ancient glassblowing techniques. Get some genuine locally made mementos to remind you of your visit to Malta. End your tour with Malta's largest church, the Sanctuary Basilica of the Assumption of Our Lady, commonly known as the Mosta Rotunda or Mosta Dome. Built between 1833 and the 1860s to Neoclassical designs, the present church is based on the Pantheon in Rome. Discover its dome, the third largest unsupported dome in the world. Finally, return to your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation in an air-conditioned bus Licensed tour guide Entry to St. Cataldus Catacombs Entry to the Rotunda of Mosta Entry to San Anton Botanical Gardens Entry to the Ta' Qali Artisan Village Lunch Glass of wine
- The time shown on the website or on your ticket is the approximate start time of the activity and not the time when you will be picked up from your hotel or closest meeting point
- The tour will be guided in the language you have booked; however, at times the commentary might be provided by a multilingual guide (limited to a maximum of 2 languages)
- The activity provider reserves the right to change the order of the visits without any prior notice
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€59.00Buy Tickets!