My Guide Website?
- Experience the beauty of the Blue Grotto where films like 'Troy' where shot
- Admire sea views and capture pictures of colorful 'luzzu' fishing boats
- Shop like a real local with a visit to the bustling Marsaxlokk Market
- Follow your guide through the winding streets of the village of Qrendi
DescriptionDiscover iconic sites on the island of Malta like the famed Blue Grotto on this day trip from Valletta. Enjoy riveting information and engaging storytelling from your guide. Peruse the treasures at the Marsaxlokk market and take a guided walking tour of Qrendi. Be picked up from your hotel in Valletta and hop aboard an airconditioned bus. Relax on the drive through the countryside to the picturesque fishing village of Marsaxlokk. Admire the largest fishing harbour in Malta that has been in operation since antiquity. Capture pictures of the brightly brightly-coloured traditional luzzu fishing boats. Take a stroll through the streets to uncover delightful restaurants and nice cafés huddled along its entire promenade. Soak up the vibe in its large open-air market which sells a vast assortment of fish, locally honey, and fruit jams, and traditional sweets. Peruse local wines, liquors, souvenirs, clothes, shoes, traditional lacework, custom jewellery, and handcrafted accessories. Continue to the Wied Iz-Zurrieq (Zurrieq Valley) to visit the fantastical sea caverns of the Blue Grotto. Snap pictures of the impressive main arch, which is approximately 30 meters in height. Marvel at views of the Honeymoon Cave, the Cat’s Cave, and the Reflection Cave. Appreciate this locations which was featured movies like 'Cutthroat Island' (1995), 'The Count of Monte Cristo' (2002), and 'Troy' (2004). Weather permitting, have the time to purchase an optional boat ride into the grotto for an extra fee payable on location. Head to the village of Qrendi for a guided walking tour of one of Malta’s traditional villages. Walk to the main square to the hub of the village, see its parish church, and be led through a maze of winding, narrow streets. Return to your accommodation in Valletta at the end of your tour.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Air-conditioned bus Licensed tour guide
- The time shown on the website or on your ticket is the approximate start time of the activity and not the time when you will be picked up from your hotel or closest meeting point
- All tours will be guided in the language you have booked; however, at times, the commentary might be provided by a multilingual guide (limited to a maximum of 2 languages)
- The boat trip to the Blue Grotto is optional (to be paid on location) and is always subject to favourable weather conditions
- The market might be closed on public holidays falling on a Sunday; when this happens, the visit to the Marsaxlokk fishing village will be carried out normally, but if the market is closed, you'll spend more time in the village
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€33.00Buy Tickets!