My Guide Website?
- Travel back in time as you discover the historic sites of Malta's south island
- Learn about the beauty and history of Maltese limestone at an old quarry
- Explore the temple complex of Hagar Qim and the ancient Ghar Dalam cave
- Gasp at the incredible colors and formations of the Blue Grotto from up close
- Stroll around the fishing village of Marsaxlokk and its open-air market
DescriptionSee the best of Malta's south island in just one day with a comprehensive tour of its landmarks. Explore an old quarry, magnificent pre-historic sites, the world-famous Blue Grotto, and a traditional village. Enjoy plenty of time at each site and become immersed in local culture and history. After being picked up from your hotel, head over to one of Malta's oldest quarries. Tour the Limestone Heritage Park & Gardens, an innovative attraction highlighting the beauty of the Maltese stone and its incredible 22 million years of history. Take in a fascinating audio-visual presentation. Visit the megalithic temple complex of Hagar Qim, located on the southern edge of the island on a hilltop overlooking the sea. Discover a majestic site dating back to 3600-3200 BC and recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Continue on to Zurrieq Valley for an exciting stop. Arrive at the majestic Blue Grotto and seize the opportunity to appreciate breath-taking views as you gaze at the seven coastal caves. Admire the intense blue colour of the ocean and the imposing rock formations. If the weather allows, you can opt to take a boat trip around the area for an extra fee payable on location. Stroll through the picturesque fishing village of Marsaxlokk and browse through the charming market. Finally, head into Ghar Dalam, Malta’s oldest prehistoric site, dating back to 5200 BC. Step into the 144-meter-long cave to see the bone remains of elephants, hippopotami, and more.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Air-conditioned bus Licenced tour guide Entry to the Limestone Heritage Park and Gardens Entry to Hagar Qim Megalithic Temples Entry to Ghar Dalam prehistoric cave Lunch with glass of wine
- The time shown on the website or on your ticket is the approximate start time of the activity and not the time when you will be picked up from your hotel or meeting point
- The tour will be guided in the language you have booked; however, sometimes, the commentary might be provided by a multilingual guide (limited to a maximum of 2 languages)
- The activity provider reserves the right to change the order of the visits without any prior notice
- The boat trip to the Blue Grotto is optional (to be paid on location) and always subject to favorable weather conditions. The fee for the boat trip is around €10 for adults and €5 for children (the fee can change without any prior notice)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€63.00Buy Tickets!