My Guide Website?
3 Cities - Guided tour of Birgu in English - French - German2 Reviews
Explore the quaint and historic city of Birgu with a local guide. Discover the legends, history, and unmatched beauty of this Maltese maritime city, along the way passing major historical landmarks and sites.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Malta:If youʻre booking your trip to Malta last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Malta: Scuba Diving Lesson & Guided Excursion
- Malta Discount Card up to 50% OFF all over Malta & Gozo
- Malta: Mdina, Dingli Cliffs and San Anton Botanical Gardens
- Comino: Blue Lagoon, Crystal Lagoon, and Seacaves Tour
- From Malta: Gozo Day Trip Including Ggantija Temples
- Discover the medieval town of Birgu with a professional guide
- Stroll past impressive fortifications, including the historical military architecture of Fort St Angelo
- Take in fascinating views over Malta's iconic Grand Harbour
- Discover the historic city center and wander through its winding streets to the old hospital
DescriptionIf there ever were a place that has escaped the ravages of development and succeeded in keeping its original character, Birgu is that place. Birgu is a small harbor city with a rich history. Embark on a 2-hour guided walking tour to discover this unique character with the help of an expert guide. Meet your guide near the berthing place of the ferry in Cospicua. Listen to a fascinating introduction to the history of the 3 cities, known as The Cradle of Maltese History. Proceed then on foot toward the city’s 3 gates, passing massive walls and arriving in the center of the maritime town. Your guide will lead the group toward the historic center known as the Collachio, the main quarters of the Knights of Malta prior to the building of the new city, Valletta. Here, walk through pretty alleys along the Auberges of the Knights, the Inquisitors Palace, and through the famous Grand Harbour, which has historically provided a shelter for whomever had control over the Maltese Islands. Along the way, your guide will offer fascinating insight into the town’s history, the story of Malta, and the legends of the knights, while you soak up the unmatched beauty of the area.
Includes2-hour fully guided tour of Birgu Licensed tour guide
- Kindly note that starting time of the tour will be confirmed by email and can be changed according to the availability of the tour guide