My Guide Website?
Malta: Prehistoric Temples, Limestone Heritage & Blue Grotto113 Reviews
Discover the beauty of Malta on this guided tour of Ħaġar Qim, Limestone Heritage, and Blue Grotto. Listen to the history of these sites as you marvel at the magnificent scenery and architecture.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Malta:If youʻre booking your trip to Malta last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- The Good Friday Procession: Afternoon Tour in Zejtun
- Malta Discount Card up to 50% OFF all over Malta & Gozo
- Malta: Vittoriosa, Cospicua and Senglea Tour with Boat Trip
- Malta: Blue Lagoon, Beaches & Bays Trip by Catamaran
- Tarxien Temples, Zejtun, Marsaxlokk Market & Kalanka Bay
- Marvel at the breathtaking sceneries in some of Malta's iconic historical sites
- Discover the beauty of the Limestone Heritage Park and Gardens
- Enjoy breathtaking views and admire the vibrant blue water at the Blue Grotto
- Take a journey back in time by visiting and learning about the Ħaġar Qim
- Learn about the long-standing history and beauty of the Maltese stone.
DescriptionCome explore Malta on this half-day trip to popular attractions like Ħaġar Qim Temples, the Limestone Heritage, and the Blue Grotto. Be guided by a local and learn about the history of these locations as you take in the beauty they hold. Start your exploration by visiting one of Malta's oldest quarries. Located in the traditional Maltese village of Siġġiewi, The Limestone Heritage Park & Gardens is a unique and innovative attraction that highlights the beauty of the Maltese stone and its incredible 22 million years of history. Immerse yourself in the islands’ eclectic history through an engaging audio-visual presentation and informative walk-through. Relish the opportunity to acquire an immense insight into the islands’ broad culture. From there, proceed to the megalithic temples of Ħaġar Qim, designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1992. The complex is located on the southern edge of the island on a hilltop overlooking the sea and the islet of Filfa. Described by the World Heritage Sites committee as 'unique architectural masterpieces' the temples can be traced back to circa 3600-3200 BC, which means they are over 5000 years old, pre-dating the pyramids of Egypt by approximately 1000 years. Explore the site's central building and the remains of at least two more structures. Along the external wall, find some of the largest megaliths used in the building of these structures, such as a 5.2-meter high stone and a huge megalith estimated to weigh close to 20 tons. Cap off your tour at the majestic Blue Grotto and seize the opportunity to appreciate breathtaking views as you gaze at the seven coastal caves. Admire the intense blue color of the ocean and the imposing rock formations. If the weather allows, you can also opt to take a boat trip around the area for an extra fee.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from mainland Malta (Gozo not included) All transportation in an air-conditioned bus or coach Licenced guide Entry to the Limestone Heritage Park and Gardens Entry to Hagar Qim megalithic temples
- The time shown on the website is the approximate start time of the activity and not the time when you will be picked up from your hotel or meeting point
- The tour will be guided in the language you have booked; however, sometimes the commentary might be provided by a multilingual guide (limited to a maximum of 2 languages)
- The local activity provider reserves the right to change the order of the visits without any prior notice
- The boat trip at the Blue Grotto is optional (to be paid on location), and it’s always subject to favorable weather conditions. The fee for the boat trip is around €10 for adults and €5 for children (the fee can change without any prior notice)