My Guide Website?
Mosta: City Highlights Tour with Buffet Lunch1 Reviews
Enjoy a self-guided tour of the charming village of Mosta. Visit Speranza Chapel, Mosta Church, and other highlights, and stroll through the historic streets, before savoring a buffet lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Malta:If youʻre booking your trip to Malta last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the Mosta Church home to the third largest unsupported dome in the World!
- Visit a fascinating World War II underground air-raid shelter
- Walk through the old streets of Mosta admiring the charming village
- Visit a cultural heritage centre and a gorgeous miracle chapel
- Enjoy a delightful buffet meal where you may sample different local specialities
DescriptionYou can start your tour at any time between 10:30 hrs. and 15:30 hrs., giving you complete freedom to organize your day. You will be welcomed by our receptionist as soon as you arrive at the reception desk within the Sanctuary Basilica of the Assumption of Our Lady (Rotunda of Mosta), who will provide you with all the necessary information and suggestions to make the most out of your visit. At the reception desk, you will be guided on how to download our mobile phone app. which you will be using during your tour. You will start your tour by visiting the Sanctuary Basilica of the Assumption of Our Lady, often called the Mosta Dome or the Rotunda of Mosta, a Roman Catholic parish church and minor Basilica situated in the centre of the hamlet. The current church, which was built between 1833 and 1860 to neoclassical designs and is modelled after the Pantheon in Rome, is Malta's largest church and is renowned for having the third-largest unsupported dome in the world! Then proceed to explore an underground World War II air-raid shelter and relive the hardships that the Maltese people had to endure during the relentless bombing of the islands throughout World War II. The complex also boasts an exhibition of tools and implements related to old trades and a photo exhibition about Malta during World War II. The first part of the tour (the visit to the Rotunda of Mosta and the World War II air-raid shelter) is at leisure and therefore not assisted by a live guide. You will be provided with a mobile phone app. and printed material in several languages (English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish), which will help enhance your experience. Assisted by one of our team members, you will then stroll through Mosta's historic streets admiring the architecture, splendour and beauty of this charming village while also visiting some places of interest with exclusive access available only during this tour. You will visit the Markiz Mallia Tabone Farmhouse, a Mosta farm that was converted into a cultural hub housing a variety of permanent exhibits about the Maltese heritage, folklore, and contemporary arts, as well as various other seasonal or temporary exhibitions that are displayed throughout the year. You will also visit the Speranza Chapel, a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Hope, located in the beautiful “Wied il-Għasel” (also known as Mosta Valley), a gorgeous chapel which was built in the year 1761 and home to a very interesting legend. During your walk, we will provide you with a booklet in different languages explaining the significance of each point of interest, and through the mobile phone app. you can also listen to the information in several languages. Enjoy a delightful buffet meal at the DOME Visitors Centre where you will sample various Maltese specialties in a relaxed and welcoming setting.
IncludesMobile phone app. in 5 different languages Printed material in 5 different languages Admission to the Sanctuary Basilica of the Assumption of Our Lady (Rotunda of Mosta) Admission to the Mosta World War II air-raid shelter Walk through the old streets of Mosta English speaking assistant during the walking tour Admission to the Markiż Mallia Tabone Farmhouse and cultural centre Admission to Our Lady of Hope Chapel Traditional Maltese buffet meal served at at the Dome Visitors Centre Water, wine, or soft drink Coffee or tea
- The 1st part of the tour (visit to the Rotunda of Mosta and World War II air-raid shelter) is at leisure (not assisted by one of our team members). You will be provided with a mobile phone app. and printed material in several languages, which will help enhance your experience.
- The 2nd part of the tour (the walk & lunch) will be assisted by one of our English-speaking team members. During your walk and visits, you will be provided with printed material explaining the significance of each point of interest and you will be able to use the mobile phone app. you would have downloaded earlier to listen to the information, both available in several languages
- The order of the visits might change depending on your arrival time; for example, late arrivals in the afternoon will start with lunch.
- Since food is traditional, guests who may have any dietary restrictions, food intolerances, or allergies should inquire before making a booking so we can check if we can accommodate their request.