My Guide Website?
Valletta: Guided Walking Tour with Optional Cathedral Tour236 Reviews
Explore Malta's vibrant capital on a 4-hour walking tour of Valletta. Wander among beautifully preserved medieval buildings and enjoy breath taking views from the Upper Barrakka Gardens.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Malta:If youʻre booking your trip to Malta last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy panoramic views of the world's deepest harbour from Upper Barrakka Gardens
- Stroll among beautifully-preserved honey-coloured medieval buildings
- Hear extraordinary tales of the Knights of Malta
- Choose to include a tour of St John's Co-Cathedral
DescriptionEmbark on a guided tour through the vibrant streets of Valletta, which will allow you to discover the beauty and charm of the capital city of Malta, a fortified city built by the Knights of St. John in 1566. Valletta is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in its entirety, and with a history spanning almost 5 centuries, it is regarded by many as an open-air museum! Admire its imposing fortifications and bastions, amazing baroque palaces, marvelous churches, gorgeous gardens, and beautiful architecture ranging from mid-16th-century baroque to modernism. Valletta is undoubtedly one of the most extraordinary and charming cities you will ever visit. Walk through the bustling streets of the city and discover its many treasures, and visit the Upper Barrakka Gardens, where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the Grand Harbour. Afterwards, depending on the option you have booked, some of the members of the group will have a guided tour of the stunning co-cathedral dedicated to St. John the Baptist, whereas those booked without the cathedral visit will have some free time to roam around the streets of Valletta. The group then meets again at a designated time and place and proceeds toward Republic Street. At the cathedral you will be able to appreciate and admire all its riches: the adorned interiors, carved stone walls, painted vaulted ceilings, beautiful paintings, precious relics, rich baroque art, and opulent altars. Before the end of the tour, enjoy an audio-visual show that tells the dramatic story of the islands’ 7,000-year history. Educational, informative, and entertaining, the show runs through the turbulent history of a small island nation that has overcome almost unimaginable odds to survive and prosper.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Licensed guide Audio-visual show entry ticket St. John's Co-Cathedral entry ticket and guided tour (if option selected)
- The time shown on the website or on your voucher is the approximate start time of the activity and not the time when you will be picked up from your hotel or the nearest meeting point The tour will be guided in the language you have booked; however, at times, depending on operational circumstances, the commentary might be provided by a multilingual guide (limited to a maximum of 2 languages) Guests booking the option that does not include the visit to the St. John’s Co-Cathedral will have some free time to roam around the streets of Valletta (around 30-40 minutes) until the group meets again at a designated time and place as instructed by your guide