My Guide Website?
Malta: Good Friday Afternoon Procession with Transportation
Come join the local community as they honour God on this special day with a fascinating procession filled with colourful costumes, statues, and live reenactments.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Malta:If youʻre booking your trip to Malta last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Malta: Scuba Diving Lesson & Guided Excursion
- Malta Discount Card up to 50% OFF all over Malta & Gozo
- Malta: Mdina, Dingli Cliffs and San Anton Botanical Gardens
- Comino: Blue Lagoon, Crystal Lagoon, and Seacaves Tour
- From Malta: Gozo Day Trip Including Ggantija Temples
- Immerse yourself in this traditional commemoration of Christ's suffering
- Wonder at the amazing costumes showcased during the procession
- Marvel at the incredible life-size statues depicting the Passion of the Christ
- Witness the biblical stories as they are brought to life in front of your eyes
- Enjoy the procession while seated comfortably in your guaranteed seat
DescriptionThe celebrations of Holy Week and Easter are primarily of a religious character, taking place in churches where the faithful gather in large numbers to commemorate the passion, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Good Friday gives a sombre outlook, as churches are deprived of the traditional ornamental style. Late in the afternoon, various towns and villages commemorate the Passion of the Christ with a solemn procession of statues. Each of these statues represents a particular episode in the Passion of the Christ and is carried by bearers. Participants are dressed as biblical characters who take part in the procession in a dignified manner. Many processions include men bearing a cross and sometimes dragging chains tied to their bare feet as an act of faith or penance. Join the locals on this immersive and spectacular occasion as we visit the Good Friday procession held at the picturesque village of Żebbuġ, experience the traditions of the Maltese community, and marvel at the life-size statues and stunning costumes as we admire the way the locals honour God through these revered yearly processions. The price includes a guaranteed seat at the procession.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop-off (from your Hotel or a close meeting point) A licenced tour guide Multilingual live commentary by the Guide over a PA System at an area reserved for our guests Guaranteed seat at the procession All transportation in air-conditioned vehicles
- The time shown on the website or on your ticket is the approximate start time of the activity and not the time when you will be picked up from your hotel (or closest meeting point). At least a few days before the date of your activity, you need to make sure to contact the tour operator to confirm your pick-up location and pick-up time.
- This is a religious procession; therefore, some decorum is required. Casual wear is acceptable as long as it's not too revealing or inappropriate for religious events.
- Although it is customary for us to attend the procession held in the village of Żebbuġ, the provider reserves the right to modify the destination of the visit and attend the Good Friday procession at an alternative typical Maltese village without prior notice.
- During this time of year, afternoons and evenings in Malta might still be a bit chilly; therefore, we recommend wearing a jacket or bringing one just in case.