My Guide Website?
Valletta Private Guided Tour In English, French or Italian
Explore Malta's vibrant capital city on a private, guided walking tour. Marvel at its imposing fortifications, amazing palaces, marvellous churches, gorgeous gardens, and beautiful architecture.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Malta:If youʻre booking your trip to Malta last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Malta: Scuba Diving Lesson & Guided Excursion
- Malta Discount Card up to 50% OFF all over Malta & Gozo
- Malta: Mdina, Dingli Cliffs and San Anton Botanical Gardens
- Comino: Blue Lagoon, Crystal Lagoon, and Seacaves Tour
- From Malta: Gozo Day Trip Including Ggantija Temples
- Learn about the history of Valletta from a professional licenced local guide
- Enjoy the individual attention that only a private tour can offer
- Admire historical buildings, squares, churches, architecture and much more
- Get stunning view of the Grand Harbour from the Upper Barrakka Gardens
- Visit St. John’s Co-Cathedral and marvel at its magnificence (optional visit)
DescriptionWelcome to Malta's stunning capital city, Valletta! With nearly five centuries of history, Valletta is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in its entirety and is widely considered an open-air museum. With its imposing fortifications and bastions, amazing baroque palaces, marvellous churches, gorgeous gardens, and beautiful architecture ranging from mid-16th-century baroque to modernism, it is without doubt one of the most breathtaking cities you will ever visit! During this walking tour, you will learn how it all began, how it evolved over the centuries, and about the events that shaped Valletta into the city that it is today. This walk will take you past the city’s main highlights and off the beaten track. In approximately 3–3.5 hours, you will see and learn about Valletta’s most notorious landmarks and discover its many hidden charms. You will walk through its bustling streets, admiring the stunning buildings and its distinctive architecture. A visit to the Upper Barrakka Gardens is a must; here you can also enjoy breath-taking views of the imposing Grand Harbour and the Three Cities. Some of the main highlights you will be able to admire and appreciate during this tour include the Triton Fountain, the newly rebuilt City Gate and Parliament of Malta (designed by the world-renowned architect Renzo Piano), the Royal Theatre, Castille Square, the Auberge de Castille, the Upper Barrakka Gardens, Merchants Street, the Palace Square (also known as St. George's Square), Republic Square, Valletta’s unique and charming side streets, and other historical buildings, landmarks, and attractions. During the entire tour, our knowledgeable and experienced guide will provide you with riveting information and enhance your experience through narration and engaging storytelling. You will also have the opportunity to visit the St. John’s Co-Cathedral (entrance ticket is not included), where our guide will give you a guided tour of the cathedral. This marvellous 16th-century cathedral was originally the conventual church of the Order of the Knights of St. John. Built in just five years and embellished over the span of more than two hundred years, it was gradually transformed into a spectacular work of art. St. John’s Co-Cathedral is a church like no other—a church of awesome beauty coupled with an interesting and unique history. With its many treasures and adorned interiors, it is unquestionably one of the most magnificent cathedrals in the world.
IncludesA four-hour sightseeing tour A professional, licenced local tour guide in your preferred language (English, French or Italian)
- The visit to St. John's Co-Cathedral is optional; you can decide on the day with the guide whether to visit the cathedral or not. The entry ticket to the cathedral is not included; the ticket is to be paid at the location. The cathedral is generally open from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. (excluding public holidays).
- The provider is not responsible for the cathedral or any other sites that might be closed on specific days or at specific times.
- The cost of admission to St. John's Co-Cathedral is €15 for adults, €12 for seniors and students, and free of charge for children under the age of twelve. The admission fee is subject to change without prior notice.
- Guests with mobility impairments are welcome to participate; however, please note that this is a walking tour, therefore there will be quite a bit of walking involved.