Heritage Malta - Malta
Heritage Malta are doing a fantastic job in conserving some of Malta's most beautiful and priceless attractions, a few of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. They have also been very successfully in increasing awareness and appreciation amongst locals through regular events and open days.
Directions to Heritage Malta
Heritage Malta is the national agency for museums, conservation practice and cultural heritage. Through the priceless sites which it manages and conserves, Heritage Malta seeks to provide its various audiences with an enhanced experience. The agency also regularly organises temporary exhibitions, public lectures, heritage trails or other specialised events.
Below is a list of museums and historic sites under the supervision of Heritage Malta. Click on the relevant link to view photos and read more about the specific attraction.
* Inquisitor's Palace - Roman palace depicting the impact of the Inquisition on Maltese society
* Archaeology Museum in Gozo - explore Gozo's rich cultural history
* National Museum of Archaeology - a spectacular range of artifacts dating back to Malta's Neolithic period
* Roman Villa - Domus Romana with some of the finest and oldest mosaics anywhere
* National Museum of Fine Arts - art and artistic expression in Malta from late medieval to contemporary
* Folklore Museum - domestic, rural and traditional ways of life in the agrarian economy
* Malta Maritime Museum - Malta's maritime history and traditions located in the Old Naval bakery
* Palace Armoury - one of the world's greatest arms collections housed in their original buildings
* The National War Museum - vividly recounts the story and Malta's heavy ordeal during both world wars
* Hal Saflieni Hypogeum - subterranean neolithic complex (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
* Palace State Rooms - the showpiece of the Presidential Palace
* Ggantija Temples - the oldest Megalithic temples anywhere (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
* Ghar Dalam Cave - the earliest evidence of human evidence in Malta
* Hagar Qim Temples - the most picturesque of Malta's megalithic temples now protected by controversial modern tents (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
* Mnajdra Temples - the most evocative of megalithic temples now sheltered by controversial modern tents (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
* The Old Prisons - well preserved cells that saw their fair share of nobility pass through its walls
* St. Paul's Catacombs - the oldest and largest evidence of Christianity on the Maltese islands
* Tarxien Temples - the most complex of all temple sites in Malta
* Ta' Kola Windmill - a fine example of the past rural economy and domestic life in Gozo
You may also like
Mediterraneo Marine Park MaltaBahar ic-Caghaq, Malta
The Mediterraneo Marine Park is an educational fun day out for all the family. With various presentations including dolphins, sea lions and tropical birds, it is a unique...
Gozo Pride Jeep and Quad ToursGozo, Ghawdex
Gozo Pride Tours offer you an original and fun way to explore the charming island of Gozo, Malta's rural little sister. These unique expeditions are done by Jeep or Quad ...
Malta Fun TrainsValletta City, Malta
Malta Fun Trains operates trackless train tours in two of Malta's most popular, yet very different, towns... the historical village Rabat and the seaside resort Bugibba. ...
The Limestone HeritageSiggiewi, Malta
The Limestone Heritage is an award winning attraction and celebrates the Maltese Islands' distinct stone, as well as its intricate history dating back to over 22 million ...
Dive Systems DivingSliema, Malta
Dive Systems is situated at the water's edge in Sliema along the Eastern coast of Malta. Established in Malta in 1978, Dive Systems is a family run diving business that b
OrangeShark Diving CentreMellieha, Malta
If you are a certified diver or if you simply want to try scuba diving for a day, do not miss the opportunity to experience the warm and clear waters that Mal...
Fort FitnessSliema, Malta
Fort Fitness is the largest structure of its kind on the Maltese islands. One of the latest gym's to be build in Malta it has a convenient location at Tigne is Sliema for...
Mdina GlassAttard, Malta
Mdina Glass are pioneer glass makers in Malta with over 40 years of continuous innovation and a beautiful range of products. The dreamlike and handcrafted designs have in...
MedAsia PlayaSliema, Malta
MedAsia Playa is the Summer beach club concept of its Fusion Lounge namesake and it is run by the same team who have brought the style and fun of socialising over food an...
DivewiseSt Julians, Malta
Divewise has been teaching, training, developing and introducing scuba divers to Malta's wonderful underwater Mediterranean world for the past forty years! It started as ...